The State follows strict social distancing and other appropriate safety norms
Meghalaya welcomes you back with care
To ensure your visit is safe and comfortable, the Government of Meghalaya urges you to follow the given CONTACTLESS protocols.
- The Meghalaya state government has announced its decision to reopen the tourism sector in the state w.e.f. September 1, 2021.
- All travellers who wish to visit the State of Meghalaya, will need to mandatorily register on the Meghalaya Tourism App and generate an E-Invite for the proposed itinerary. The Meghalaya Tourism App is available on both the GOOGLE PLAY STORE and the APPLE STORE. The E-Invite can be generated on this WEBSITE. Additionally, services of Registered Tour Operators, LISTED HERE and on the Meghalaya Tourism App, can also be used to obtain an E-Invite.
- A valid Photo ID card needs to be uploaded on the Meghalaya Tourism App including that of other members who are traveling in the group. Members travelling together can register and generate one E-Invite.
- If the traveller is staying as a guest of any family or friend in Meghalaya, then the traveller shall declare the full address and contact details of the family or friend and the complete itinerary for the E-Invite to be generated.
- Once the above is completed, the travellers will receive an E-Invite that should be presented at the entry checkpoints along with a COVID negative certificate.
- For any query please send us a message on this number (+917640003050) via WhatsApp or Text Message for a quick call back from our Meghalaya Tourism Helpline Team (from 9am – 9pm on working days)
Here is a video to help you create e-Invite.
- Tourists who are fully vaccinated will be allowed entry into the State.
- Tourists who are vaccinated with a single dose and minors in the age group between 11-18 years who are accompanying adult tourists will have to produce negative RT-PCR/TruNat/CBNAAT report which will be valid only if they have tested within 72 hours prior to their arrival at the entry point.
- Given the prevailing COVID-19 situation, it is advised that tourists even though fully vaccinated but having symptoms should avoid travelling to the State. Such symptomatic individuals, even though fully vaccinated, will be tested at the entry point.
- Tourists should register on the Meghalaya portal or app and generate an e-invite.
Protocol for Local Tourists for stay in hotels
- Local Tourists from within the State who are fully vaccinated will be allowed to stay in hotels. They must produce the certificate of vaccination during the check-in process at the hotel.
- Local Tourists who are vaccinated with a single dose and minors in the age group of 11-18 years will have to produce a negative RT-PCR/TruNat/CBNAAT report which will be valid only if they have tested within 72 hours prior to their arrival into any hotel/guest house/homestay.
Protocol for visiting Tourist Spots, Restaurants, Cafes and Bars for all tourists (domestic, international and local)
- Tourists (domestic, international and local) can access the tourist spots, restaurants, cafes and bars only if they are either fully vaccinated or vaccinated with a single dose.
- All tourist spots will be opened as per carrying capacity limits and subject to opening permission given by respective Deputy Commissioners/Sub-Divisional Officers (Civil) of the Districts/Sub-Divisions.
Protocol for under 18-year-olds for all tourists (domestic, international and local)
- For stay in hotels, a negative RT-PCR/TruNat/CBNAAT report tested within 72 hours prior to check-in is to be produced for those in the age group of 11-18 years. Children aged 10 years and below are exempted.
- Under 18 individuals, accompanied with family member/s, will be allowed to enter tourist spots, restaurants and cafes if other adult members in the family are eligible to enter as per protocols mentioned above.
Apart from these, safety measures ruled out by the state government on Conditions for entry into the State, Registration on the Meghalaya Tourism App and generating e-invite, and Advisory for Hotels, Homestays, Guest Houses, Restaurants, Cafes, Tourist Spots, Tourist Taxis, etc remain operational
Click here to read the latest advisory for reopening of state for tourism
Go through the advisories
- SOP for reopening of state for tourism. 28th August, 2021 | Read More
- Revised Protocols For Entry Points. 09th June, 2021 I Read More
- Advisory for Travellers and High Risk Contacts. 26 April, 2021 I Read More
- Tourism reopening note for tourists visiting the state from outside. 07 Dec, 2020 I Read More
- COVID19 testing and reporting protocols. 27 Oct, 2020 I Read More
- SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for Hotel operations. 26 Jun, 2020 I Read More
- SOP for operation of Homestays and BnBs. 16 Nov, 2020 I Read More