TOURISM DEPARTMENT, GOVERNMENT OF MEGHALAYA
TERMS AND CONDITIONSAbout Meghalayatourism.in
- When you book an accommodation, Meghalayatourism.in provides and is responsible for the Platform ..
- We work with companies that provide local support services (e.g. Customer Support or account management). They don’t:
- control or manage our Platform
- have their own Platform
- have any legal or contractual relationship with you
- provide Travel Experiences
- represent us, enter into contracts or accept legal documents in our name
- operate as our ‘process or service agents’.
- You will:
- abide by Our values
- comply with all applicable laws
- cooperate with any anti-fraud/anti-money laundering checks we need to carry out
- not use the Platform to cause a nuisance or make fake Bookings
- use the Travel Experience and/or Platform for their intended purpose
- not cause any nuisance or damage, and not behave inappropriately to the Service Provider’s personnel (or anyone else, for that matter).
- You can cancel your booking using the Meghalaya Tourism - Official website or mobile app.
- The applicable refund amount will be credited to you within 7-14 working days. Meghalaya Tourism reserves the right to debit from Meghalaya Tourism Money account, in case of cancellation amount being higher than money already paid by you.
- Some Hotels do not accept bookings from unmarried couples, do not accept local id proofs. This information is available to the Guest prior to making the booking. For any cancellations or check-in denial associated with such bookings that are dishonoured by the Hotel, Meghalaya Tourism shall be under no obligation to refund any amount to the Guest.
- Hotels reserve the right to deny check-in where customers are unable to provide a valid government id or where minor Guests are travelling unaccompanied or if the Hotel is suspicious of the Guests check-in at it’s Property. Under all such cases Meghalaya Tourism shall be under no obligation to refund any amount to the Guest.
- For corporate bookings, the cancellation policy mentioned on your contract will apply.
- In case no cancellation policy is mentioned on the Hotel details page, the following cancellation policy shall apply:
|Cancellation Time||Cancellation Fee|
|Until 9:00 AM on the check-in date||100% of total booking amount|
|Post 9:00 AM on the check-in date||One night’s booking amount|
|Cancellation Time||Cancellation Fee|
|More than 30 Days||100% of total booking amount|
|Between 1 to 30 days of check-in date||50% of total booking amount|
|Less than 0 days of check-in date||No refund of total booking amount|
- If you have any accessibility requests:
- about our Platform and/or services, please contact our Customer Service team
- about your Travel Experience (wheelchair access, walk-in baths, etc.), please contact your Service Provider - or the airport, train station, etc
- We may help you communicate with your Service Provider, but we can’t guarantee that they’ll read anything from you, or that they’ll do what you ask. In itself, the fact that you contact them, or that they contact you, doesn’t mean you have any grounds for legal action.
- We have the right to stop you making any Bookings, to cancel any Bookings you’ve already made, and/or to stop you using our Platform, our Customer Service, and/or your Account. Of course, we’ll only do this if, in our opinion, there’s a good reason to - for example:● fraud or abuse ● non-compliance with Our values, or with applicable laws or regulations ● inappropriate or unlawful behaviour (e.g. violence, threats or invasion of privacy) in relation to us, any of the companies we work with – or anyone else, for that matter.
- If we cancel a Booking as a result, you won’t be entitled to a refund. We may tell you why we've cancelled your Booking, unless telling you would (a) contravene applicable laws and/or (b) prevent or obstruct the detection or prevention of fraud or other illegal activities. If you believe we have incorrectly cancelled your Booking, please contact our Customer Service team.
- To the extent permitted by mandatory consumer law, we’ll only be liable for costs you incur as a direct result of a failure on our behalf. This means, to the extent permitted by law, we won’t be liable for (e.g.) any:● indirect loss or indirect damage ● inaccurate information about a Service Provider ● product, service or action of a Service Provider or other business partner ● mistake in an email address, phone number or credit card number (unless it’s our fault) ● force majeure or event beyond our control.
- If you are in breach of these Terms and/or the Service Provider’s terms, to the extent permitted by law:● we won’t be liable for any costs you incur as a result, and ● you won’t be entitled to any refund.
- To the extent permitted by law, the most that we, or any Service Provider, will be liable for (whether for one event or a series of connected events) is the cost of your Booking, as set out in your confirmation email.
- Nothing in these terms will limit our (or the Service Provider’s) liability in respect of our (or their) own (i) negligence that leads to death or personal injury or (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- We don’t make any promises about Service Providers’ products and services (apart from what we expressly state in these Terms). Making the right choice(s) is entirely your responsibility.
- Just to make it clear: nothing in these Terms will entitle any third party other than the Service Provider to anything.
- You may be protected by mandatory consumer protection laws and regulations, which guarantee you rights that no company’s terms can overrule. In that case, our liability is determined not just by these Terms, but also by any applicable consumer protection laws and regulations.
- If you have a query or complaint, please contact our Customer Service team. You can do this by accessing your Booking, or through our app, or through our Help Centre (where you’ll also find some useful FAQs). You can help us help you as quickly as possible - by providing:● your Booking confirmation number, your contact details, your PIN code (if you have one) and the email address you used when you made your Booking ● a summary of the issue, including how you’d like us to help you ● any supporting documents (bank statement, pictures, receipts, etc.)
- All queries and complaints are recorded, and the most urgent ones are treated as highest priority.
- We do try to resolve disputes internally, and we’re not obliged to submit to any alternative dispute resolution procedures handled by independent providers.